PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Diversity Enhancement Fund
Need Money? We Can Help!
The Chancellor’s Diversity Initiative receives an annual limited budget to support campus diversity programming that creates an inclusive and welcoming campus. Past successful proposals have included funding for but not limited to:
- Guest speakers
- Cultural celebrations
- Students' ceremonies
- Film screenings
Collaborative projects are highly encouraged.
While we typically do not fund attendance at conferences, the Mizzou Advantage Student Travel Awards provide financial support for students attending conferences relating to one or more of the Mizzou Advantage areas.
Applicants are encouraged to prioritize program requests to include the most relevant or important program as limited money is available. Recipients generally receive an annual one time sponsorship of $20 to $500.
Proposals will be accepted from all MU students, faculty, staff, administrators, departments, academic programs and student organizations.
Applications are available through an online funding request form. The successful application will have the following features:
- Event information with title, date, time, location and event description;
- A summary describing how the event will enhance diversity, inclusion and/or improve the climate of our campus;
- An itemized budget (funding will not include alcoholic beverages);
- Amount requested;
- A list of other funding sources solicited and secured; and
- Your MO Code information, if you know, and/or name of an official MU fiscal person who will be handling the account transfer.
If your application is accepted for funding, the following requirements must be observed.
- Funding must be used for the event as requested in the online funding request form budget.
- The Chancellor’s Diversity Office will be listed as a sponsor on all marketing materials for the event in which funding is approved.
- Recipients of diversity funding will submit a report within 30 days of the program completion with: attendance information, evaluation and summary of the event.