PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Cultural Competency and Leadership Development
Part of the Chancellor's Diversity Initiative, this program delivers customized professional development sessions, workshops and coaching for faculty, staff and students to become culturally-competent leaders.
As the United States continue to become more diverse, as reflected in the 2010 federal census, and more global than ever before, leaders and future leaders of private, public and military sectors must be active participants in paving the way for a more engage and inclusive organization to create more innovate, creative and competitive enterprises.
Sessions, workshops and coaching are offered in the following areas:
- Intercultural competency assessment using appropriate assessment inventories such as the Intercultural Readiness Check, Intercultural Development Inventory, and other related inventories based on consultation
- Intercultural competency awareness building for emerging leaders
- Cultural competency skills development for emerging leaders
- Intercultural competency awareness building for mid-level and senior leaders
- Cultural competency skills development for mid-level and senior leaders
- Optimizing a diverse team
- Resolving conflict across cultures
- Integrating individual and organizational cultural competencies for a comprehensive organizational change and overhaul
Any units and individuals on campus may request for these professional development opportunities. In addition to the areas specified, we are also able to design and deliver other related leadership trainings.
For more information and consultation, please e-mail Noor Azizan-Gardner at Azizan-GardnerN@missouri.edu or call 573-882-6282.